STAFF SELECTION COMMISION COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL EXAMINATION 2017
Staff Selection Commission is going to held the Combined Gradudate Level Examination 2017 (Tier-I) from 01-08-2017 to 20-08-2017 for filling the post in various departments / Organisations.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
Last Date to apply for SSC CGL 2017 : 16 June 2017
Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) : 01 August 2017 to 08 August 2017
Date 0f Tier-II: 10 November 2017
Date of Tier-III (Descriptive): 21 January 2018
Date of Tier-IV (Skill test)- February
NAME OF POSTS FOR SSC CGL 2017
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant Account Officer
- Assistant Section Officer (in various departments)
- Assistant (in various departments)
- Assistant / Suprintendent
- Inspector of Income Tax
- Inspector (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Inspector (Examiner)
- Assistant Enforcement Officer
- Sub Inspector (in various departments)
- Divisional Accountant
- Junior Statistical Officer
- Auditor (in various departments)
- Accountant / Junior Accountant
- Senior Secretariat Assistant / Upper Division Clerks
- Tax Assistant
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION AS ON 1st AUGUST 2017
i) Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer:
a) Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or
b) Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or cost & Management
Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters I Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
NOTE: During the period of probation direct recruits shall have to qualify the “ Subordinate Audit Service Examination” in respective branches for confirmation and regular appointment as Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer.
ii) Junior Statistical Officer: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized
University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at
iii) All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
iii) The candidates appearing in the final year of their graduation can also
apply, however they must possess Essential qualification on or before
1st August 2017.
EXAM PATTERN OF SSC CGL 2017 RECRUITMENT
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. Exam Pattern – The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below with different examination modes.
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Before beginning the SSC CGL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier 1 & 2 are given below:
• Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
• Reduction in time limit for examination of Tier -I from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
• No Sectional Cut off.
• Tier II will remain same.
SYLLABUS OF SSC CGL 2017 TIER-I
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
• There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
• Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
• Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
• Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
• Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
• There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
• The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board.
• The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. It is conducted offline and candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
- The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
- The questions are based on 10+2 level.
- The exam is qualifying in nature.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2017 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test):This skill test is of qualifying nature for all the posts, other than Compiler, and is used to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given printed matter in English which they must accurately type on a computer with a minimum of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions in a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card
Every candidate who registers for SSC CGL Exam 2017 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for SSC CGL 2017. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
SSC CGL Results 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the results in four stages after completion of each Tier Exam. The candidates selected in the rounds progress to the next one. Candidates can check the result from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.